Museum Audience Engagement and Membership Innovation
FIVESEED provides research and strategic consulting to arts and culture, nonprofits, and conservation organizations worldwide.
What's in a name? The word FIVESEED encompasses our 5 step framework for infusing Design Thinking into your museum audience engagement and membership strategy:
- Empathize. Used by innovative organizations such as Apple, Lego, GE, and IKEA, Design Thinking is a collaborative, creative methodology for solving complex problems. Design Thinking engages stakeholders in an exploratory process to develop practical and inventive solutions with an audience-first perspective.
- Define. With a thoughtful, rigorous, and analytical approach, we will work together to define the problem.
- Ideate. Through a structured ideation process, we will explore what an ideal future state looks like and identify solutions for how to get there.
- Prototype. Rapid prototyping of feasible solutions are developed to be tested with real audiences.
- Test. We conduct validated learning, iterate, and refine with the aim of continuous innovation.
ROSIE SIEMER, FOUNDER AND CEO
As a recognized expert in audience engagement, Rosie is frequently invited to facilitate workshops and speak on the topics of digital marketing, choice architecture, and membership innovation.
Rosie is co-author of Membership Marketing in the Digital Age: A Handbook for Museums and Libraries. She has consulted internationally for leading organizations, including the Louvre Abu Dhabi, Museum of Science, Boston, Saint Louis Art Museum, History Colorado, Desert Botanical Garden, Space Center Houston, and the Murphy Arts District.