Museum Audience Development and Membership Innovation
FIVESEED partners with arts and culture and conservation organizations worldwide to provide research and strategic consulting to reach new audiences. We don’t do campaigns for existing membership programs. Instead, we focus exclusively in the domain of innovation—creating opportunities to engage new and diverse audiences.
What's in a name? The word FIVESEED encompasses our 5 step framework for infusing the Design Thinking methodology into your audience development strategy to grow your museum's membership:
- Empathize. Used by innovative organizations such as Apple, Lego, GE, and IKEA, Design Thinking is a collaborative, creative methodology for solving complex problems. Design Thinking engages stakeholders in an exploratory process to develop practical and inventive solutions with an audience-first perspective.
- Define. With a thoughtful, rigorous, and analytical approach, we will work together to define the real problem.
- Ideate. Through a structured ideation process, we will explore what an ideal future state looks like and identify solutions for how to get there.
- Prototype. Rapid prototyping of feasible solutions are developed to be tested with real audiences.
- Test. We conduct validated learning, iterate, and refine with the aim of continuous innovation.
ROSIE SIEMER, FOUNDER AND CEO
As a recognized expert in museum audience engagement, Rosie is frequently invited to facilitate workshops and speak on the topics of digital marketing, choice architecture, and the future of membership.
Rosie is co-author of Membership Marketing in the Digital Age: A Handbook for Museums and Libraries. She has consulted internationally for leading organizations, including the Louvre Abu Dhabi, Museum of Science, Boston, Saint Louis Art Museum, History Colorado, Desert Botanical Garden, Space Center Houston, and the Murphy Arts District.